Fall for These Autumn Decorating Ideas
Living in a Gracemark Homes community gives you the opportunity to spend as much time as you want to decorate your home. You can choose to spend a few minutes or spend the entire day making your home autumn-ready inside out with this list of festive ideas.
Indoor Autumn Decorating Ideas
- Hang artwork throughout your home featuring fall themes or warm fall colors. No matter the subject, warm-toned artwork evokes the autumn season in subtle ways.
- Adorn your sofa for fall with thicker throws in fleece, velvet, or faux fur. You can even add a few autumn-hued or autumn-designed throw pillows to create a cozy, relaxing spot.
- Decorate the inside of your home with fall flowers. Try a few vases or pots of real or faux chrysanthemums or hydrangea blossoms with ornamental grasses such as wheat.
- Make the switch to autumn-themed table décor. You can create a coordinated design for your fall dinners with seasonal table linens, cloth napkins, dishes, and centerpieces.
- Add seasonal slipcovers to your chairs. Coordinate your slipcovers to your table décor to change the feel of your dining room this fall.
- Fill an antique 19th-century bowl or a modern earth-toned pottery bowl with a selection of seasonal fruit to have an edible centerpiece for your table. Mix and match seasonal fruits such as pomegranates, apples, oranges, figs, pears, or bunches of grapes. You can tuck in a few real or faux fall leaves for added color.
Outdoor Autumn Decorating Ideas
- Put down a new welcome mat and hang a fall wreath on your front door. Your front entrance sets the tone for visitors, so take time to choose décor that reflects the tone and style of your interior design.
- Make your backyard cozier for the falling temperatures. Add string lights, cozy blankets with plaid patterns, and throw pillows with autumnal designs so you can enjoy the crisp autumn air.
- Change out your hanging plants or add hanging plants. Adding fall hues will elicit autumn vibes.
- Set the mood for your guests from the moment they see your porch. With hay bales, lanterns, pumpkins, and cozy throw blankets and comfortable pillows covering your porch furniture, bring a seasonal warmth to welcome guests.
- Hang garlands over your front door or porch window(s). Garlands crafted from corn husks, autumnal leaves, decorative gourds, or eucalyptus and olive branches are a subtle way to celebrate the season.
- Frame your front door using seasonal décor. Adding tall cornstalks or a festive welcoming sign around your front door sets the mood for guests entering your home.
Indoor/Outdoor Autumn Decorating Ideas
- If you love to decorate with pumpkins or gourds, try choosing nontraditional. You can elevate your pumpkin or gourd design by painting them with your house numbers, painting multicolored designs, or by creating a monochrome look with white pumpkins that have gold or copper accents.
- Take those nontraditional pumpkins and line indoor or outdoor walkways with those decorative pumpkins. Pumpkins are a simple way to set the tone for your fall décor.
- Add seasonal colors to your indoor and outdoor throw blankets. You can wrap yourself in the embrace of fall with orange-and-brown hues or warm plaid hues inside or outside.
- Add fall-colored vintage food tins that are perfect for spicing up your fall flower display. Vintage food tins are perfect for elevating your indoor or outdoor real or artificial flowers.
- Offer your guests seasonal beverages and snacks when you entertain this fall. Some options include hot mulled cider, pumpkin spice everything, candied pecans, roasted chestnuts, or a pear, fig, apple, and cheese board.
- Adorn an old ladder to adorn with autumnal décor. A ladder lets you stack your fall favorites like corn stalks, warm fall-colored flowers, decorative gourds, and a fall-themed sign while saving space.
Gracemark Homes, in Houston and Austin, is a growing community with thoughtfully designed floor plans with wide-open entertainment spaces that make the perfect backdrop for gorgeous decorations during the fall or any time of the year. The community’s hassle-free, comfort rich living experience leaves you plenty of time for decorating for every season. Call Gracemark Homes at 281-940-6960 when you’re ready to schedule a tour of our community.